In this article I am going to show you how to check for suppressed listings both the often painful way and the easy automatic way!
If you have experienced a suppressed listing you know the frustration of logging into Amazon and the punch in the gut feeling of seeing your listing suppressed and thinking “how did I not know this” or “how long has my listing been suppressed for” or “why the heck didn’t I know this – damn Amazon”
Others experience similar problem - http://theamazingseller.com/tas-216-why-amazon-suppressed-my-listing-and-didnt-know-check-your-listing/ (had a new listing suppressed for 2 days without noticing)
Always always be monitoring your backend
What is a Suppressed Listing?
A suppressed listing is when Amazon determines your listing not to be compliant with their terms and is not providing the best customers experience. As a result they protect the quality of their marketplace and their customers by suppressing the listing.
- See Amazons Suppressed Listing Help Page - Here
Below is how to determine if you have a suppressed listing, to learn how to fix a suppressed listing visit this article.
How To Check for a Suppressed Listing (Painful Way)
For this method you need to be very very dedicated to never forgetting to check! This method requires you to execute the steps below at a minimum daily and the downside is a listing c
- Login to SellerCentral
- Go to Inventory - Manage Inventory
3. Check to see if a “Suppressed Listing” is located there
TIP – It is critical to do this EVERYDAY… one suggestion would be to set a calendar reminder to include a checklist of critical Amazon Seller activities. One way to achieve this is to require a VA to complete whatever your checklist is and execute it every day.
- Your listing could be suppressed for hrs / days without you noticing
- Drop in sales rank due to lost sales
- Drop in income due to lost sales
How To Check for a Suppressed Listing (Easy Automatic Way)
The smarter way to monitor any potential suppression of your listings is to use a tool that notifies you by email and text as soon as your listing is suppressed so you can take action and fix it!
- Signup for Listing Eagle (24x7 listing monitoring)
- Enter your email/phone number
- Be notified within minutes of your listing being hijacked or suppressed
- Be notified instantly of being suppressed so you can take action right away
- 24x7 monitoring (even when you can’t login to your seller account ListingEagle is monitoring your listings)
- Not a “free” service but will pay for itself quickly